Jessica Jones from How About Orange shares a free tutorial for making the Geek Chic iPad Case. With a leather strap, snap closure, and purse hardware, it looks more like a smart little purse than a tablet cover. The PDF tutorial is an excerpt from the book A Bag for all Reasons by Lisa Lam from U-Handbag.com. (Get a sneak peek of the book here.) Don’t have an iPad? The tutorial has a callout with the formula to adjust the measurements to fit a small notebook computer. Get the tutorial.
[photo from How About Orange]
- Free pattern: Pleated Purse Frame Purse
- Sneak peek: A video walkthrough of Sew Retro
- Tutorial: Turn an old book into sewing box
- Tutorial: Installing a double loop metal slider for an adjustable purse strap
- Sneak peek: Something pretty is on its way from Laura Gunn