Marnae from The Powell Family blog shares a tutorial over at Project Run and Play showing how she made this lovely dress for her daughter. Inspired by a dress from J. Crew, it has a pleated body and a neckline finished off with a large bow. You’ll need a basic A-line dress pattern; she’ll show how to adapt it to make her dress. Go to her tutorial.
[photo from The Powell Family on Project Run and Play]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Women’s V-neck tee with pleated neckline
- Free pattern: Modern pleated winter playdress for little girls
- Tutorial: Draft a pattern for a pleated skirt
- Tutorial: Little girl’s pleated princess seam bodice
- Tutorial: Candy A-line dress with scallop neck detail