Melissa Mortenson from fourteen may and The Polkadot Chair shows how to make a girl’s maxi dress out of a t-shirt and some pretty yardage. If you’re new to sewing but want to try your hand at making a little girl’s dress, this is the project for you. Starting with a t-shirt means that all of the more complex steps (finishing a neckline, setting in sleeves) are already done. Get the tute.
[photo from The Polkadot Chair]
By Anne Weaver
- Cool idea: Twirly skirt from quilt scraps
- Tutorial: T-shirt maxi dress a tween will love
- Tutorial: Girl’s T-Shirt Sun Dress for summer
- Tutorial: Vintage photo throw pillow
- Tutorial: Sleeping bag and pillow for an 18″ doll