Amity from Lolita Patterns shows how to put a hem on a slippery fabric, even the ones that won’t take a crease. It’s a trick she learned using a soft, sheer nylon seam tape to pull and hold the hem while stitching it down. Go to her blog to see how she does it.
[photo from Lolita Patterns]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Sewing on chiffon
- Tutorial: Inserting an invisible zipper
- Tutorial: Elegant ribbon bow belt
- Tutorial: Quilt your fabric on a serger with a decorative chain stitch
- Tutorial: Set in sleeves the easy way