Heather from Sew Easy Being Green shows how to make her Hip To Be Square upcycled top for little girls. It’s made from two large squares of knit fabric that have been repurposed from old t-shirts. The square shape is an easy sew, and you can give it a variety of looks depending on how you cut the neck (boatneck or off the shoulder) or how you treat the hem (hanging loose or cinched in). If you don’t have two t-shirts the same color, don’t worry. Cutting the front and the back from different colors creates a fun color blocked effect. Get the tute.
[photo from Sew Easy Being Green]
- Tutorial: Color blocked wiggle skirt (try it with gold!)
- Tutorial: Asymmetrical off-the-shoulder spring tee
- Tutorial: Dyed stripe tee and colorblock jeans
- Tutorial: Pieced stripe placemats
- Tutorial: Color blocked Nautical Diva top