Amity from Amity Originals shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to create a coverstitch on your serger that is perfectly aligned with the edge of your hem. Getting the edges perfectly aligned means she doesn’t have to go back and trim the seam allowance after the hem is sewn. (Note: Not all sergers are capable of creating a cover stitch.) Get the tute.
[photo from Amity Originals]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Purse for a toddler
- Tutorial: Quilt your fabric on a serger with a decorative chain stitch
- Tutorial: Fleece dog bed with standard pillow insert
- Tutorial: How to sew a French seam
- Tutorial: Card Condo, a credit card and loyalty card organizer