Trish from Two Peas in a Pod shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to make French seams. The fancy-sounding seam finish encases all of the rough edges of your seam allowance, making the inside of your garment (or other sewing project) almost as pretty as the outside. Get the tute.
[photo from Two Peas in a Pod]
- Tutorial: French seams, ooh la la!
- Tutorial: Use French seams to avoid raw edges on your seam allowance
- Tutorial: How to create bound seams
- Tutorial: How to sew Hong Kong seams
- Tutorial: Flat-felled seams