Jen Beeman from Grainline Studio shows how to add a zipper to a floaty chiffon skirt. She actually installs it in the lining layer only, and lets the gathered chiffon cover it up. The chiffon layer is full enough to hide the zipper in the gathers. Go to her tutorial to see how to do it.
[photo from Grainline]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Bag a jacket lining
- Tutorial: Chiffon ballerina skirt
- Tutorial: Sew smooth curves for a Peter Pan collar
- Free pattern: Narwhal Christmas ornament
- Tutorial: Sheer chiffon tasseled scarf