Nikki from Lilybug Designs shows how to extend the life of a pair of girls’ jeans that have grown too short. Literally, extend the life. She adds an interchangeable ruffle to the hem to get extra length. They add extra months of wear, and you can change out the ruffles to match different outfits! Go to the tutorial.
[photo from Lilybug Designs]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Boutique-style jeans with tiered ruffle hems
- Tutorial: Interchangeable contrast cuffs for girls’ jeans
- Refashion girls’ clothes after they’ve outgrown them
- Tutorial: Make a pair of long bloomers for little girls
- Tutorial: Faux chenille capri jeans