Kat from Sew Chibi designs a garment for her daughters, she asks herself how to make the garment fun for them to wear. From there, she comes up with the most fanciful clothes that a child could dream of. She guests over at Project Run and Play with a tutorial showing how she made all of the fun details on this special Christmas dress she made for her daughter. She writes there that, when she designs a garment for her daughters, she asks herself how to make it fun for them to wear. And she shares a tutorial on her own blog showing how to make the jumper dress, including how to draft the pattern and how to sew it up. Go to Project Run and Play for how to make the Christmas tree ruffle, pieced Christmas present border, and the Christmas present patch pockets. Go to Sew Chibi for how to make the jumper dress.
[photo from Sew Chibi]
By Anne Weaver
- Lookie what she made: Sew Chibi’s Christmas dresses
- Lookie what she made: Chibi Easter dresses
- It’s new: Simply Lovely Dress ePattern with matching dolly dress
- Tutorial: Hooded romper for baby or toddler
- Tutorial: Child’s Lolita style dress