Anshu from Blooms and Bugs shows how to make a Layer Cake Dress for little girls. It’s a colorful tiered dress made out of knit fabrics. She put a frilly lettuce edge on the pieces before sewing them together. With all of the pieces cut from different prints and colors, it’s a good way to use up some smaller bits left over from other sewing projects. Get the how-to.
[photo from Blooms and Bugs]
By Anne Weaver
- Free pattern: Simple A-line dress for little girls
- Tutorial: Lettuce edge on a sewing machine
- Tutorial: Dainty Floral Dress for little girls
- Tutorial: Curly Sue sundress for toddler girls
- Tutorial: Lettuce-edge hem