Shannon from Googiemomma guest blogs at Melly Sews with a tutorial showing how to make her Lettuce Edge Maxi Dress. The post is an intersection of two awesome series – the (30) Days of Sundresses at Melly Sews, and the Sewing for the “Girls” series at Googiemomma (all about sewing to accommodate a large bust). Her Lettuce Edge Maxi Dress has features that make it a good choice for women with larger busts: wide straps to cover a bra, high neckline and backline so you’re not showing too much cleavage, plenty of room at the bust, and a high waistline to show her shape. Get the maxi dress tutorial at Melly Sews. See the rest of the Sewing for the “Girls” series at Googiemomma.
[photo from Googiemomma on Melly Sews]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: It’s a Cinch maxi dress with a wide sash
- Tutorial: Make ruffled socks by adding a lettuce edge
- Tutorial: Lettuce-edge hem
- Tutorial: Two tone maxi dress with faux wrap and ruffled neckline
- Tutorial: Lettuce edge on a sewing machine