Paige from Pink Lemonade shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to make a long ruffled scarf. Hers is made from a sheer fabric for a lightweight fall scarf. And don’t be thinking that you’ll have to pull all of those gathers by hand. Her tutorial shows how to use your machine’s tension and stitch length settings so it does the gathering for you. Get the tute.
[photo from Pink Lemonade]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Sheer shirred scarf
- Tutorial: Create ruffles using a gathering foot
- Heather’s favorite zig zag stitch for sewing knits
- Tutorial: Pantaloon Scarf for girls
- Tutorial: Gathering fabric, three ways