Vanessa from Designs By Sessa guest blogs in the Knock It Off series at Elegance & Elephants with a tutorial showing how she made this little boy rugby hoodie, inspired by a similar shirt from Gap. The base of the shirt is refashioned from an adult-sized top, with the hood and layered sleeves made from scrap knit. She made the patches with an embroidery machine, but you could stitch them by hand or substitute an applique instead. Go to her tutorial.
[photo from Designs By Sessa]
- Video: Applique on an embroidery machine
- Tutorial: Versatile jersey knit skirt for layering
- Tutorial: Make baby or toddler leggings out of adult t-shirt sleeves
- Tutorial: Lengthen onesie sleeves with a layered look
- Tutorial: T-shirt and button-up shirt refashion