Stef from girl.inspired shows how she made her Shirred Circus Dress. This is such a pretty dress! It’s cut like a peasant dress, but uses shirring instead of an elastic casings. The shirring makes this a quick sew, too. (She says it can be done in just an hour!) Using different fabrics on the bodice and skirt gives it the look of perfectly coordinated separates. She gives the dimensions to create a dress in a size 12/18 months or 5T, but you adjust those measurements as needed to make dresses in other sizes as well. Get the how-to.
[photo from girl.inspired]
- Tutorial: Smocked baby romper
- Tutorial: Ruffle Top Dress or Romper for little girls
- Tutorial: Little girl’s tiered ruffle top
- Tutorial: Shirred t-shirt skirt
- Free pattern: Shirred pocket skirt, now in toddler and girls sizes