Fabric for your sewing projects doesn’t always have to come from the fabric store. Karen from Sew Many Ways shows how you can use a canvas dropcloth from the hardware store to make a new bag. The dropcloth she used was a light gray and had finished edges (no hemming!). As a bonus, it also has a waterproof backing making the large purse also suitable as a diaper bag. Brilliant! Get the tutorial.
[photo from Sew Many Ways]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Wipe-clean changing pad from a tablecloth
- Tutorial: Fabric covered twist ties
- Tip: Use magnets to store metal bobbins
- Tutorial: Felt-backed fabric letters
- Tutorial: Bobbin and notion organizer from an inexpensive hardware store item