Karen from Sew Many Ways shows how to make a box valance for a window. The valance is formed by stapling your fabric piece around a board hung across the top of the window. The simple lines and sharp corners at the top give it a crisp, clean finish. Get the tutorial to see how to do it.
[photo from Sew Many Ways]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Stitching and clipping sharp corners
- Tutorial: DIY graphic fabric prints
- Tutorial: Curtains with matching valance
- Tutorial: Make a valance from a tablerunner
- Tutorial: Reindeer appliqued throw pillow