Cindy from Cation Designs shows how to modify a basic t-shirt pattern to make a chevron peplum top. She achieved the eyecatching chevron by cutting her pieces from a striped fabric. The layout takes some planning to get all the pieces going in the right direction, but she shares a diagram showing which pieces need go which direction. Go to her tutorial to see how to do it.
[photo from Cation Designs]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Chevron seam on a knit fabric
- Tutorial: How to make a pettiskirt
- Tutorial: Two ways to modify a basic t-shirt pattern.
- Tutorial: Sewing on chiffon
- Tutorial: Chevron pencil skirt from striped fabric