If you have any shirt collars left over from a button-up shirt refashion, why not cut it apart and use it to make a pattern for a fancy detachable collar? BurdaStyle has the how-to. Go to their tutorial.
[photo from BurdaStyle]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Sewing a collar for a boy’s button-up shirt
- Free pattern: Stand-alone shirt collar
- Tutorial: Embellished neck cuff from a dress shirt collar
- Lookie what she made: From shapeless shirt to retro wow
- Tutorial: Button down peasant shirt refashion