Erika Lindquist from Sew Doggy Style shares a tutorial at Dollar Store Crafts showing how she made a doggy coat from a baby bib and a grocery tote. (Obviously this only works for a smaller dog – or a really big bib.) This is such a cute idea! The fabric from the tote makes the lower portion of the doggy coat. If you don’t have a bag you want to cut into, you can always just use a fabric remnant for that part of the coat. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Erika Lindquist on Dollar Store Crafts]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Tweed coat for your canine friend
- Tutorial: Toddler’s bathrobe from inexpensive dishtowels
- Cool idea: Reusable grocery tote with yoda applique
- Cool idea: Remake an adult winter coat into a child-sized coat
- Tutorial: Coffee cozy armband iPod or pedometer holder