Sheri from Sew Much Fun and Mensch T’s shares a tutorial on her blog, Awesomesauce and Asshattery, showing how she turned three pairs of her husband’s old army issue long john underwear into a long, full skirt for herself. The legs get turned upside down, with the ribbed ankles creating a dropwaist. She also shows how you can use the scraps from the long full skirt to create a mini-skirt. Get the how-to.
[photo from Awesomesauce and Asshattery]
By Anne Weaver
- Lookie what she made: Skirt turned upside down
- Tutorial: Dropwaist girl’s t-shirt dress with pleated skirt
- Tutorial: Make a batwing sweater from a pleated wool skirt
- Tutorial: Make a twist & tie halter dress from a long skirt
- Tutorial: Easy gathered mini-skirt