If you’re sewing a garment where the fit matters, or out of expensive fabric, it’s a good idea to test out the pattern with a muslin first. That way, you can make any adjustments before investing much time or fabric into the real deal. Liesl from Oliver + S shows how to do it, including how to transfer the pattern markings to the muslin pieces so you can easily tell where to make adjustments. Get the tute.
[photo from Oliver + S]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Transferring pattern markings
- Tutorial: Use tailor tacks to transfer sewing pattern markings
- Tutorial: Transfer a tissue paper sewing pattern to freezer paper
- Tutorial: Image transfer using Citrasolv
- Tutorial: Mini mitten ornaments