Shauna from Shwin & Shwin shows how she altered the straps a prom dress to give her more coverage. The original dress had thin straps that didn’t provide the support or coverage that the wearer needed to feel comfortable on her beautiful night, so Shauna turned them into wide gathered straps, a la Greek goddess style. Honestly, I like the altered version better than the original! Get the tutorial to see how it’s done.
[photo from Shwin & Shwin]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Greek Goddess T-shirt Dress
- Tutorial: Summer Skirt Dress
- Tutorial: Holiday Knit Dress with pretty gathered sleeves
- Tutorial: Round yoke dress with an empire waist
- Tutorial: Little girl’s shift dress with bubble hem