Piping is one way to make your seams pop. Whether it’s the same fabric as the rest of the project, or a contrast piping, the little tube of fabric adds definition to your seam. Melissa from Melly Sews blogs over at Keeping It Simple with a tutorial showing how to make your own piping and how to insert it into a seam. Get the how-to.
[photo from Melly Sews at Keeping It Simple]
- Tutorial: Seam finishes, four ways
- Tutorial: Installing a zipper
- Tutorial: Embellish a plain tee with dimensional flower and vines applique
- Tutorial: DIY cardboard bias tape maker
- Tutorial: Creating a corded or piped seam