Sarai Mitnick from Colette Patterns shows how to make bias tape. Sure, you can buy it in the neat little packages at the fabric store, but your choices there are fairly limited and making it yourself is actually a very simple process. Go to the tutorial.
[tags]sewing, tutorial, bias, trim, tape[/tags]
By Anne Weaver
- Colette Patterns launches with sewing patterns for the indie fashion-lover
- Q & A and Giveaway: The Colette Sewing Handbook by Sarai Mitnick
- Tutorial: Insert lace trim in your handmade garment
- Read all about it: Bias tape, blanket binding, and the like
- Tutorial: How to stitch bias tape to the edge of fabric