Rae from Made By Rae shows the Tic Tac Toe shirt she made for her young son. (It gets its name from the cross hatch design printed on the fabric she used.) Bright yellow piping shows off the lines of the shirt – the collar, the pockets, the yoke, the sleeve hems. In addition to showing photos of this awesome shirt, she shares a tutorial showing how to make your own piping. Go to her blog for the how-to.
[photo from Made By Rae]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Add contrast trim and a bow to a t-shirt sleeve
- Tutorial: Piping the edge of a collar
- Lookie what she made: From shapeless shirt to retro wow
- Tutorial: Baby cardigan tee with contrast lapel collar
- Tutorial: Design a kids’ cross top