Megan from The Crafty CPA guest blogs at Someday Crafts with a tutorial showing how to use a man’s button down shirt to make a messenger bag. The front of the shirt (with the button placket) becomes the flap of the messenger bag. Cool!! She used a denim fabric for the other portions of the bag. The contrast is nice and it is more heavyweight than the lightweight cotton from the shirt. Get the tute.
[photo from The Crafty CPA on Someday Crafts]
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Draft a pattern for a button placket
- Tutorial: Man’s shirt with mandarin collar and button placket
- Video tutorial: Create a half apron out of a man’s button-down shirt
- Tutorial: Snowman button dress
- Tutorial: Resize a man’s henley down to fit a toddler