Made by Rae shows how to alter the sewing pattern for a typical man’s shirt to make a more interesting garment. Her variation uses a mandarin collar and a button placket. She used Simplicity 4287, but she says you can make the same alterations with just about any pattern for a man’s shirt. Get the how-to.
[tags]sewing, tutorial, man, shirt, mandarin, collar, placket[/tags]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Little girl ruffled dress from a man’s shirt
- Tutorial: Mandarin collar shirt for toddler girls
- Free pattern: Stand-alone shirt collar
- Free pattern: Mini-Me top for toddler girls
- Tutorial: Button down peasant shirt refashion