Megan from Brassy Apple shows how you can add a button up shirt placket and collar to a women’s fitted t-shirt. She also adds the shoulder yokes and front patch pocket. She keeps the edges raw for an unfinished, DIY look. It also makes this an easy sewing project. Go to her blog for the how-to.
[photo from Brassy Apple]
- Tutorial: Pockets, pockets, pockets!
- Tutorial: Shoulder bag from a button-down shirt
- It’s New: Maddie Bee apron top for girls
- Video tutorial: Create a half apron out of a man’s button-down shirt
- Tutorial: Button down peasant shirt refashion