Barbie clothes get a lot of wear. All the dressing and undressing of the dolls puts a lot of strain on the tiny seam allowances and thin fabric. Rachael Rabbit shows what to do when Barbie clothes get ripped or torn. Go to her blog to find out how to mend Barbie clothes.
[photo from Rachael Rabbit]
By Anne Weaver
- Check it out: Miss B Couture tutorials for Barbie doll clothes
- Tutorial: Use a zig zag stitch to keep seam allowances from fraying
- Get the tip: Easy way to mark seam allowances
- Tutorial: Mend a ripped buttonhole
- Idea file: Mother’s day footprint or handprint pillow