Melissa from 100 Billion Stars shares a tutorial at the Free Spirit Fabric blog for making a cute mini tree skirt for a tabletop tree. It’s pieced from coordinating fabric prints, and the small size means you can go crazy adding embellishments like buttons, yo-yo’s, ribbon, maybe even some ric rac trim while still keeping this a manageable project. And if you don’t have a tree to wrap it around, use it as as part of a tabletop centerpiece. Go to the tutorial.
[photo retrieved from Free Spirit Fabrics blog]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Tree softies from scrap fabric
- Cool idea: Serged fabric ribbon
- Tutorial: Taking in the sides of a wrap dress
- Tutorial: Ruffled ribbon Christmas tree shirt
- Tutorial: Ribbon Christmas tree applique