Maggie from Midwestern Sewing Girl shows how to make a placemat clutch purse with a modern nautical flair. She starts with a canvas placemat and uses a few seams to turn it into a simple clutch. She then uses fabric paint to add the nautical motifs. Get the tute.
[photo from Midwestern Sewing Girl]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Clutch purse from a placemat
- Tutorial: Make a simple clutch out of a placemat
- Video tutorial: Modern Girl Clutch Purse
- Tutorial: Shabby chic beach bag from flour sack towels
- Tutorial: Sew a clutch from a placemat