Nicole Blum from One Golden Apple and Improv Diary shows how the addition of a simple machine-stitched image makes a plain button down shirt into a fun Valentine’s shirt. A paper airplane flies across the front of a traditional shirt. She stitched the heart shape by reducing the pressure of her presser foot to zero. If your machine doesn’t this feature, you can achieve the same flexibility in stitch direction by dropping the feed dogs. Get the tute.
[photo from Improv Diary]
By Anne Weaver
- Review: Bernina 780, part 2
- Tutorial: Recycled vinyl and fabric flower
- Video tutorial: Stitch buttons using your sewing machine
- Review: Janome MC6300 sewing machine
- Differential feed demystified