Grading (resizing) a pattern is something I always figured was outside the reach of my sewing skills. That is, until I saw a tutorial by The Closet Seamstress showing her quick and dirty approach. Instead of complex calculations, she shifts the pattern piece and retraces the lines. Get her tutorial to find out more about this simplified approach.
[tags]sewing, tutorial, pattern, grading, resizing, alteration[/tags]
By Anne Weaver
- Alter a pants pattern at the seams
- Tutorial: Sleeveless top from a pillowcase
- Tutorial: Making your own ePatterns
- Tutorial: DIY hair extensions
- Tutorial: How to take in a sweater that’s too big