Jessica from Running With Scissors created this awesome pea coat. She used a McCall’s pattern as a starting point for the shapes of the pieces, but she adapted them to create the look she wanted and to avoid a bunch of handsewing. She tells you all about her modifications, as well as ways that her construction process differed from the one provided in the pattern. Go to her blog post to see how she made it.
[photo from Running With Scissors]
By Anne Weaver
- Lookie what she made: Fall coat with felt fox coat pockets
- Lookie what she made: Maxi dress from a vintage sheet
- Tutorial: Installing a zipper fly
- Lookie what she made: 4 Disney princess dresses from a peasant dress pattern
- Free pattern: Skinny cords for toddlers