Sunni from A Fashionable Stitch shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to add a petersham ribbon waistband to a skirt. Petersham is a ribbon that looks like grosgrain, but the differences in fiber content weave make it softer and less stiff than grosgrain. (Read more about grosgrain vs. petersham here.) Get the tutorial.
[photo from A Fashionable Stitch]
- Simple test to determine fiber content
- Tutorial: Use seam binding to hem a garment
- Experiments in fiber content
- Read all about it: Build a wardrobe of garments you’ll actually wear
- Tutorial: An easier way to set in sleeves