Jen from New Green Mama shows how to use squares of felted wool sweaters to create hand warmers for your coat pockets. Just pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds and then drop it your pocket to keep your hands warm and toasty when you’re out in the cold winter weather. This would make a nice Christmas gift for friends, neighbors, teachers, etc. Each handwarmer takes just two 3″ squares of wool. Think of how many you could make from one sweater! Get the how-to.
[photo from New Green Mama]
- Tutorial: Rice-filled handwarmers for your pockets
- Tutorial: Fabric bows to decorate recipe mix jars
- Tutorial: Recycled wool sweater slippers
- Tutorial: Fingerless mittens from an old sweater
- Tutorial: Make a quick coffee sleeve