Marissa from Rae Gun shows how to make a peplum for a princess dress. You can add this detail to any basic dress with a fitted bodice and gathered skirt. The extra layer is gathered up in the front and back for extra poof on the sides of the dress. Get the how-to on her blog.
[photo from Rae Gun Ramblings]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Add a poofy pettiskirt layer to a skirt
- Tutorial: Little girl’s pleated princess seam bodice
- Tutorial: Pleated princess puff sleeves
- Tutorial: Perfectly Fitted Circle Skirt for girls
- Free pattern: Sundress for the Dolly Donation girl doll