Dana from MADE shares a tutorial on her blog showing how easy it is to turn an adult t-shirt into a cute little baby dress. I am loving the mix of the green polka dot and yellow stripes in her example! Go to the tutorial.
And if the idea of sewing on stretch knits makes you nervous, be sure to check out her post all about sewing on knits. Her no-fear, what-can-it-hurt approach is sure to give you the confidence you need to tackle a stretch fabric.
[photo from MADE]
- Tip: Freezer paper to control stretch on knits
- Tutorial: Simple sewing tip to avoid stretched out seams on knit fabric
- Tutorial: Hemming knits without creating waves and puckers
- Tutorial: How to secure serger thread tails
- Choosing the right knit fabric for your project