Justine from Sew Country Chick shows how to make her Remember Provence gathered apron. When I first saw the photos on her post, I thought it was made from a grain sack. It turns out that she used linen and fabric paint to create the look of a grain sack out of yardage you can find at the fabric store. Go to her tutorial to see how she did it.
By Anne Weaver
- Idea file: Galaxy painted cutoff shorts
- Tutorial: Sew a child’s pullover sweater, traced from a long-sleeved tee
- Tutorial: Child’s bathrobe from a thrifted sweater
- Tutorial: Finding the straight grain in your fabric
- Read all about it: Sewing with vintage sheets