If you’ve sewn much on knit fabrics, then you know the tendency for the fabric to roll at the sides. Carmen from RoCa and Company uses this characteristic to embellish a plain t-shirt. The result is a lovely textural design around the neck of the tee. She calls it her “Canalis Tee” based on the Latin word for “tube.” Get the how-to.
[photo from RoCa and Company]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Folded rose appliques from knit fabrics
- Tutorial: Child’s shrug from knit fabric
- Tutorial: Embellished a tee with ruched fabric strips
- Tutorial: Pleated lace headband with flower embellishment.
- Tutorial: Bias tape v-neck on knit fabric