Jess from Bits for Baby and Craftiness Is Not Optional shares a tutorial for making a knit peasant top with a couple of rows of ruffles embellishing the front neck. She uses a printed pattern for the basic peasant shirt shape, but alters the construction to add the ruffled embellishments. She shows it for a toddler, but this would be equally nice for an older girl or even a grown-up. Get the tute.
[photo from Craftiness Is Not Optional]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Peasant top for little girls
- Tutorial: Vintage-y tab front tee
- Lookie what she made: Ruffled toddler dress!
- Free pattern: Peasant dress for toddler and little girls
- All about the shawl collar