Head over to Flowerbug’s Inkspot to see how you can sew up this cute little fabric tote. I’m loving the scalloped raw edges! She uses Sizzix dies to cut the scalloped side panels and the pieces of the layered flower, but you could use pinking shears to cut the side panels and regular sewing scissors to cut the flower shapes. (If you have the scalloped square die that she uses, check out her clever method for using it to cut a rectangle instead.) Get the tutorial.
[photo from Flowerbug's Inkspot]
By Anne Weaver
- Read all about it: Uses for your pinking shears
- Tutorial: Easy no-sew fabric napkins with personality
- Tutorial: Mini scalloped rolled felt flower
- Tutorial: Witch legs Halloween shirt, no sewing required
- Tutorial: DIY leg pillow and cover