Anneliese from Aesthetic Nest shows how to use strips of gathered fabric to applique a t-shirt. She used the strips to create a pretty heart motif. The edges of the fabric are left raw, so it’s a quick technique. Raid your scrap bin for the narrow strips. Go to her blog for the how-to.
[photo from Aesthetic Nest]
- Tutorial: Spring dishtowels with ribbon stripes
- Tutorial: T-shirt appliques with frayed edges
- Tutorial: Pretty patchwork culottes for little girls
- Tutorial: Ric rac trimmed fabric napkins and placemats
- Tutorial: Tubular bias tape