I love, love, love my serger for making seams are already trimmed and finished for me. But what I don’t love is having to secure all the thread ends for each seam. But if you don’t do it, you run the risk of the seam pulling apart. Abby from Things for Boys shows how she finishes the ends so the threads won’t pull. She does it right there on the serger, just an extra step and the beginning and end of her seam. Go to her tutorial to see how she does it.
[photo from Things for Boys]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Finish off serger thread chains at the end of a seam
- Tutorial: Use a serger to help make a French seam
- Tutorial: Threading your serger
- Tutorial: Create ruffles without basting and pulling threads
- Tutorial: Hong Kong and bound seams