A tablecloth is a fairly simple sewing project, just a large piece of fabric that is hemmed on all edges. But if you want to make a tablecloth out of a 45″ wide cotton fabric (as opposed to apparel or home decor fabrics which are usually sold in 54″ – 60″ widths), you’ll need to piece some long strips together to get the right width. Lindsay from The Cottage Mama shows how she did it. Her example uses a some charming vintage-y Christmas prints to make a tablecloth for a holiday table setting. Go to her blog, The Cottage Home, for the how-to.
[photo from The Cottage Home]
- Tutorial: Sew a fitted outdoor tablecloth
- Tutorial: Tablecloth overlay, an inexpensive way to add color to your tablesetting
- Tutorial: Waterproof picnic blanket
- Tutorial: Winter Wonderland dress
- Tutorial: Pin Cushion Ring