Kate from Needle and Spatula shows how you can make this versatile peasant dress. No pattern is required. She shows how you can cut the right shapes using a t-shirt as a guide. Made from a lightweight jersey knit, the sleeveless gathered dress can go dressy or casual depending on how you accessorize. You can also achieve different looks by changing up where you put in the elastic waistband. Move it up for an empire waist, or move it down for a slouchier dress. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Needle and Spatula]
- Tutorial: Little girl’s sleeveless dress with gathered skirt
- Video tutorial: Little girl’s classic sleeveless dress with gathered skirt
- Free pattern: Scoop neck tee
- Tutorial: Sew a peasant blouse with no curved seams
- Tutorial: Gathered waist skirt with pockets