When you’re shortening a skirt, the obvious choice is to just cut the extra length off of the bottom and then re-hem. But if the skirt design includes a simple elastic waistband, an easier approach might be to preserve the hemline and cut the length off at the waist. Get the how-to from Christine Sews.
[tags]sewing, tutorial, hem, alteration, skirt, shorten, length[/tags]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Use horizontal pleats to lengthen or shorten a skirt
- Tutorial: Pants alteration for thin hips
- Tutorial: Shorten a too-long tee without hemming
- Tutorial: Lengthen a covered elastic belt
- Tutorial: Tulle layering pettiskirt that peeks at the hem