Liz from Cotton & Curls shows how to make a boxy top that buttons up the back. The shape is simple and easy to draft, especially if you have a boxy top already that you can use as a guide. The buttons are purely decorative; the neck is wide enough that you can slide the top on without having to unbutton. If you wanted a higher neckline, you could adapt the back seam to be a functional button placket. Get the tute.
[photo from Cotton & Curls]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Add a ruffled button placket to a tank or tee
- Tutorial: Ruffle t-shirt refashion
- Tutorial: Lace panel button back blouse
- Tutorial: Make buttons from bottlecaps
- Tutorial: Take in a boxy sweatshirt with a zipper on the back