If, like me, you’re a child of the 80s you’ll immediately recognize the inspiration for this jacket. It’s Sloane’s utterly fabulous fringed white jacket from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. (I wanted to be Sloane soooo bad! Her perfect hair! Her jacket! Her confidence!) Shannon from luvinthemommyhood shares a tutorial showing how to make a child-sized version of Sloane’s jacket. Instead of leather or vinyl, her version is made from fleece. Go to her blog to see how to make it.
[photo from luvinthemommyhood]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutoria: Scrap leather magnetic photo frames
- Tutorial: Vinyl hair accessories
- Tutorial: Little guy’s old-school aviator helmet
- Tutorial: DIY quilted leather or vinyl
- Tutorial: Sew a child’s jacket